- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Brain injury from stroke or trauma
- No awareness of their impairments
- Depression, apathy or pessimism
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Older adults with memory problems
- Agitation, anger, or personality disorder
The approaches presented will be supported by research and will focus on improving functional independence in communication, mobility and ADLs. We have enhanced the learning experience with patient videotapes and lab experiences. Come to learn about evaluation, screening, treatment and reimbursement for cognition in just 1 ¬Ω days!
- Participants will be ready to implement effective strategies in enhancing functional independence in clients with cognitive impairment. They will identify appropriate strategies to remove classic barriers to learning: attention, awareness, and memory.
- Participants will be able to identify and direct intervention toward reducing cognitive, personality and mental health barriers (e.g., depression)
- Participants will be able to identify and apply contemporary research and clinical advances in cognitive and geriatric rehabilitation.
- Participants will be well prepared to optimize reimbursement in cognitive rehabilitation.
- Participants will be ready to develop their own geriatric wellness and cognitive enhancement program.
- YOU will learn how to improve YOUR memory!
|7:30 – 7:55||Registration|
|7:55 – 8:00||General conference information|
|8:00 – 9:50||New discoveries in memory; neuroplasticity in cognition and aging|
|9:50 – 10:00||Break|
|10:00 – 11:45||Barriers to learning and functional attention, awareness and memory|
|11:45 – 12:45||Lunch — on your own|
|12:45 – 1:45||Using psychology in the clinic: motivating depressed & apathetic patients|
|1:45 – 2:00||Applying psychological principles: videotape case studies|
|2:00 – 2:45||Agitation management, dementia, TBI, personality disorders, medication effects|
|2:45 – 3:45||What can YOU do differently in the clinic tomorrow? Case studies by videotape: What should (and shouldn’t) this look like?|
|8:00 – 8:30||Reimbursement: Getting paid for cognitive rehabilitation?|
|8:35 – 10:00||Lab: applications by case studies: Parkinsons, Alzheimer’s, Stroke, Brain Injury|
|10:00 – 10:15||Break|
|10:15 – 11:30||Prehabilitation and videotapes of cognitive enhancement programs AND 25 ways to improve your patient’s (and your) memory|