- Participants will be able to apply new treatment techniques to maximize their patient’s functional independence in mobility and ADLs.
- Participants will be able to understand and directly apply recent research in stroke, Parkinson’s, dementia, brain injury and arthritis to their clinical practice.
- Participants will be able to manage their high risk faller more successfully.
- Participants will be able to improve outcomes in their patients with complaints of dizziness, distractibility, and weakness.
- Participants will be able to GET PAID FOR DOING ALL OF THEIR WORK – with objective, measurable outcomes.
|8:00 – 8:45||The case for intensity. Neuroplasticity in the clinic|
|8:45 – 10:00||What is missing in rehabilitation today? Advances in treating the cognitively impaired and frail geriatric patient|
|10:00 – 10:15||Break|
|10:15 – 11:45||Changing your mindset: from maintenance to improvement: Parkinson‚Äôs, MS and chronic stroke (> 1year post-onset)|
|11:45 – 12:45||Lunch (on your own)|
|12:45 – 2:00||Acute Stroke: apraxia, aphasia, pusher syndrome|
|2:00 – 3:00||Acute TBI, and cerebellar impairment — from severely impaired to the community|
|3:00 – 3:15||Break|
|3:15 – 4:00||Improving outcomes in difficult cases: dementia, non-surgical arthritic patient, chronic dizziness and the high frequency faller|
|4:00 – 4:30||More videotape applications, case studies, and questions|
“Thank you, I have applied some of my learning from the course on several clients and the change is notable especially in attention and engaging the client, this has been the best course I have taken in years”