Course Description: This is an intermediate to advanced course for clinicians interested in taking their practice to the next level. Come to find out how to tap into neuroplasticity, improve your patient’s function, and your success! Mr. Studer will present case study videotape to enhance the learning experience – allowing you to see how to apply these techniques immediately. Are you coming? Your competitors are…
- Participants will be able to apply new treatment techniques to maximize their patient’s functional independence in mobility and ADLs.
- Participants will be able to understand and directly apply recent research in stroke, Parkinson’s, dementia, brain injury and arthritis to their clinical practice.
- Participants will be able to manage their high risk faller more successfully.
- Participants will be able to improve outcomes in their patients with complaints of dizziness, distractibility, and weakness.
- Participants will be able to GET PAID FOR DOING ALL OF THEIR WORK – with objective, measurable outcomes.
|8:00 – 8:45||The case for intensity. Neuroplasticity in the clinic|
|8:45 – 10:00||What is missing in rehabilitation today? Advances in treating the cognitively impaired and frail geriatric patient|
|10:00 – 10:15||Break|
|10:15 – 11:45||Changing your mindset: from maintenance to improvement: Parkinson‚Äôs, MS and chronic stroke (> 1year post-onset)|
|11:45 – 12:45||Lunch (on your own)|
|12:45 – 2:00||Acute Stroke: apraxia, aphasia, pusher syndrome|
|2:00 – 3:00||Acute TBI, and cerebellar impairment — from severely impaired to the community|
|3:00 – 3:15||Break|
|3:15 – 4:00||Improving outcomes in difficult cases: dementia, non-surgical arthritic patient, chronic dizziness and the high frequency faller|
|4:00 – 4:30||More videotape applications, case studies, and questions|
“Thank you, I have applied some of my learning from the course on several clients and the change is notable especially in attention and engaging the client, this has been the best course I have taken in years”